Full Spectrum CBD vs. CBD Isolate
Full spectrum CBD oil is different from CBD isolate products. It is an extract containing all the compounds found naturally occurring in the plant. It is known as the whole plant CBD and it includes a wide range of cannabinoids present in the cannabis or hemp plant. A variety of essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, fatty acids, chlorophyll, terpenes, fiber and flavonoids are contained in the full spectrum CBD. It offers the full benefits of the whole Cannabis plant and undergoes fewer processes but may have psychoactive, sedative and other unwanted side effects.
CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD isolated from the marijuana plant and isolated from other cannabinoids. It is safe and there is no risk of psychoactive effects but it does not deliver the enhanced or complete benefit of the whole Cannabis plant.
The other chemical compounds present in the full spectrum CBD magnifies the therapeutic benefits of each individual cannabinoid. It usually provides a greater effect compared to CBD alone as all the cannabinoids work concurrently hence producing the ‘entourage effect’.
Contents of Full Spectrum CBD
- Cannabinoids which include cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) used to offer relief.
- Cannabigerol (CBG) also known as the stem cell cannabinoid which is converted by the plants into CBD and THC, hence its low concentration in processed plants.
- Cannabinol (CBN) is the degraded product of THC usually found in low amounts in the fresh plant. The decarboxylation process of the fresh plant raises the level of CBN. CBN is said to have slight psychoactive property and greater affinity for CB2 receptors than CB1 receptors.
- Cannabichromene (CBC) is the least studied among the major cannabinoid and it is observed not to have enough data available to compare its benefits with THC and CBD. Although available studies suggest its pain relieving, anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects.
- Other cannabinoids lesser known are the Cannabicyclol (CBL), Cannabitriol (CBT), Cannabicitran (CBT) and Cannabifuran (CBF).
- Terpenes like Limonene (relieves stress and boosts mood), Pinene (improves memory and alertness), Linalool (helps with depression, insomnia and stress), Caryophyllene (antioxidant and anti-inflammatory) and Humulene (antibacterial, pain reliever and appetite stimulant) are contained in the plant. They are responsible for the unique scent the plant has and together with the cannabinoids they help to heal the body.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Full spectrum CBD contains vitamins A, C, E and complex B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin and niacin). Minerals contained in this oil are potassium, iron, zinc, calcium and phosphorus.
- Proteins and Essential Fats: Full spectrum CBD oil is made up of 20 amino acids including 9 essential ones. Omega 3 and 6, the essential fatty acids present helps in heart health.
Benefits of Full Spectrum CBD
A research study carried out using both full spectrum extract and CBD isolate showed that the whole plant extract possessed a more efficient outcome in managing pain and inflammation as it provided a faster and better relief with a long lasting effect. This is further explained as a synergistic relationship of the cannabinoids with the other compounds found in the whole plant, a term known as the ‘entourage effect’.
The full spectrum CBD have been found beneficial in the management of conditions like
- Anxiety Disorders: The CBD helps to reduce symptoms of stress and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) which are usually worsened by THC. It acts by neutralizing the effects of THC.
- Neurological Disorders like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease symptoms are relieved by the combination extract.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: THC and CBD can be useful in managing anorexia and nausea.
698 South Tamiami Trail
Osprey, FL 34229
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday: closed