What is a CBD Tincture?
A CBD tincture is an alcohol-based extract from many active compounds found in the cannabis plant, with no intoxicating effects. Extracts of hemp are combined with oil to form CBD Tinctures.
Natural compounds of the cannabis plant are extracted using high-proof alcohol such as Ethanol as a solvent. CBD is suspended under 60-70% distilled alcohol which either dilutes or suspends the resulting CBD extract in a mixture of alcohol, glycerin, or cinnamon/peppermint oil. This method infuses CBD into the alcohol, making a CBD tincture. It is the quickest and most efficient way to extract the substance and is environmentally safe too.
How Is It Different from CBD Oil?
Although derived and packaged in the same way, there is a difference in how each of them is produced. The life of CBD in tincture is enhanced due to the presence of alcohol, which acts as a preservative.
Many people prefer an alcohol-based tincture because of stomach sensitivities while ingesting the oil.
Benefits of CBD Oil vs CBD Tincture
Contains higher potency
Shelf life of 12-18 months
Can be used orally or topically
Slower absorption rate
Cannot be heated directly due to its low smoking point
Unpleasant taste when consumed orally, can leave an oily after taste
Indefinite shelf life
Not advisable on skin
Faster absorption rate when taken sublingually
Can use for cooking using water-soluble CBD
Comes in different flavors like chocolate, peach, and vanilla
Uses of CBD Oil and CBD Tincture
- CBD has the popular effect of offsetting anxiety and depression. Research says CBD can change the way your brain responds.
- In 2018, the F.D.A. approved Epidiolex, a purified CBD extract, to treat rare seizure disorders in patients two years or older.
- CBD Oil can help you manage muscle pain, arthritis, and post-chemotherapy treatment.
- There is continuous research to use CBD to as an anti-inflammatory, help treat acne, and help with lessening the effects of cancer treatments and help with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- CBD-infused products can be used for maintaining overall well-being regardless of their taste and price.
How to Consume CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
It is an individual preference to decide between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture.
CBD oil can be taken orally, can take 1-2 hours to digest
Can be ingested using the vape method
Cannot be added to food and drinks as it will not mix well and can leave an unpleasant aftertaste
Can be used topically or directly on the skin for on-the-sopt relief
CBD Tincture can be taken sublingually (under the tongue) for the fastest and most efficient absorption
Tincture can be easily ingested by mixing in food due to its alcohol base
Can cause irritation if applied topically
However, it is important to consult your healthcare professional to advise you on the right product especially if you are taking other medications.
Visit our online store Natural Wellness Organics and choose the right CBD product for you.